2009年12月2日 星期三

Breathtaking

(stockholmstreetstyle.com)

I was stunned when I first saw this picture

I love her hair I love her lips I love her eyes I love her jacket I love her blouse I love her EVERYTHING! I suddenly feel that life is really unfair... There is this group of gifted girls who possess porcelain-like face and perfect long limbs, who can be taken care of by the top make-up artists in the world, and who can make a fortune by walking a few miles during fashion weeks every season... I feel a bit depressed when I look into the mirror and see the exact opposite to these girls everyday! lol!

However, I do believe that being beautiful is not the privilege of the gifted group. Everyone has her own distinct characters that make them special to her loved ones' eyes. We are always trapped in the normative standards of "beauty" and can't help mimicking "stylish icons" out there in the celebrity circles. It is not the rule to being stylish, it's only the rule to be a copycat.

I used to think that I will be beautiful if I can dress like a star. However, the more I study, the more I realize real beauty comes from one's inner self. Never judge a book by its cover.

A little update of myself.

My family is back and now the 5 of us are squished in a hotel apartment that's not even 700 sq ft. My mom has been complaining about how small the apartment is, and how long it takes her to cook for us with only one stove! HAHAHA! However, it's always fun to see my mom being grumpy! HAHAHA!!

Another thing is, it's my random bro's birthday today! My mom and I bought him a PSPgo as birthday present, but he didn't show the slightest level of excitement. Maybe I should have bought him a Prada tote instead (as hinted by him but I didn't get it)! hahahah!

Oh! My mom has finally finished shower! It's my turn now! Woohoo!!

Nice day everyone :)

Posted by Picasa

2 則留言:

  1. Awwww,you're always so sweet with your comments! I really do love love that photo too! Its one of my main inspirations I look at.

    Ohhh and Happy Birthday to your brother too<3 Go wear our something colorful on you,it makes you feel happier! I love colors

    回覆刪除
  2. Perfect looking people do exist, apparently.

    回覆刪除